WE HAVE MOVED

WE HAVE MOVED
CLICK PICTURE TO GO TO NEW SITE

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Follow Guilty Pleasures ~ You'll Never Miss Out on the Fun! ~

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Are you gonna Cowgirl Up and Ride? Or lay there and bleed?


Thought I would share a little eye candy with this post....

I moved my only child into her freshman dorm, last Friday, it was a very emotional day for me. I'm a single mom and for the past 18 yrs it's been just she and I against the world (thank you Becky C for that phrase).  I am a loss now for what to do with myself, last night I realized I have never cooked for just one person, I don't even know how to cut down enough to where I won't be eating left overs for a week, lol.   Dating?? Hasn't happened in over 18 yrs, there has been an occasional FWB night, but few and far between....So NOW I get to figure all this out ;-)

BUT, first things first, I made it through getting college brat moved in her dorm. Moped around Saturday, when out of nowhere a line from one of my all time favorite books, Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei James, came to mind "You Gonna Cowgirl Up and Ride? Or lay there and Bleed?" It was like a wake up call. I decided saddle up cause I'm ready to ride =) I got up and started doing things I've been putting off. I am feeling so much better and more excited about both of our futures, don't get me wrong, I still get misty eyed thinking my baby girl is grown and things have forever changed. I wonder if authors even realize how even just one line can have such a great impact on someone's life.  (I did send a message to Lorelei James letting her know how that one line opened my eyes, she replied thanking me for letting her know)

There is another quote in Saddled and Spurred by Lorelei James, that hit me hard when I read it:  "
Because as proud as I am of you, I need to do something that makes me proud of myself" (Harper)   This hit me because I am extremely proud of my daughter, have done everything for the past 18 years for her...now it's time to do something for me to make me proud of myself.....

Is there a quote or quotes from a book that made an impact in your life? I would love for you to share it in the comments.

I would really love to hear your empty nester, newly single, experiences?  How did you get back in the game?  How did you adjust to living by yourself or just you and your significant other? 


Naughty Cougar Tales has now moved to Guilty Pleasures click here to follow us there

Image and video hosting by TinyPic