WE HAVE MOVED

WE HAVE MOVED
CLICK PICTURE TO GO TO NEW SITE

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Follow Guilty Pleasures ~ You'll Never Miss Out on the Fun! ~

Monday, August 29, 2011

Death, Taxes and a French Manicure

Visit Diane's web-site
I JUST LOVE SURPRISES!!!!  Today I get a package and I think WTH is this???  I open it to find an autographed book, a travel coffee mug and a post card.  I've never spoke to the author, never heard of the author.  I look at the post card and find a note from the author, Diane Kelly, she let me know this is her debut novel and she heard about me from Christie Craig, THANK YOU Christie!!!   (BTW have Y'ALL bought your copy of Christie's DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS? I loved it. Here's the review I did for  DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS review by Naughty D on WTF Book Reviews)

So I take the book and goodies out of the box, realize besides being heavy, the coffee mug says Death, Taxes and a Skinny No-Whip Latte.  I open the mug and inside I find a little manicure set that says Death, Taxes and a French Manicure.  VERY CLEVER and USEFUL promo items.


After I played with all the goodies, I looked at the book, it's actually an ARC (Advance Reading Copy) of Death, Taxes and a French Manicure, book 1 in the Death & Taxes series, the release date is November 1st, 2011.  Death, Taxes and a Skinny No-Whip Latte is book two, release date is March, 2012.    The cover is super cute!.  There is a quote from author Gemma Halliday on the top of the cover "SMART, SASS, AND SO MUCH FUN! Tara Holloway is the IRS's answer to Stephanie Plum."   Intrigued I open to the first chapter which has in big print  "Some People Just Need Shooting"  now those of you who know me know this HAD to REALLY get my attention, so I read the opening sentence which is "When I was nine, I formed a Silly Putty pecker for my Ken doll, knowing he'd have no chance of fulfilling Barbie's needs given the permanent state of erectile dysfunction with which the toy designers at Mattel had cursed him."   Needless to say, this one sentence just got this book bumped up in my To Be Read pile....like I will read it before this week is over. I am really excited to read something new and something I don't normally read, which is first person and a continuing series where the heroine is the same throughout the book.  BTW color me flattered that Diane sent me her book to review =)

In the next couple of weeks check back here and on my sister blog  http://wtfbookreviews.blogspot.com/ for my review of Death, Taxes and a French Manicure.  AND if I'm lucky an interview with Diane Kelly and maybe a give-away =)

Watch this video trailer for Death, Taxes and a French Manicure

Naughty Cougar Tales has now moved to Guilty Pleasures click here to follow us there

Image and video hosting by TinyPic