D's EASY, LAZY, QUICK Tortilla Soup:
- 1 big can of chicken - strained and shredded (can find where the tuna is)
- 1 can of whole kernal yellow corn (drained)
- 1 can of black beans (drained)
- 2 cans rotel tomatoes with chiles, lime and cilantro *
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 1 onion (chopped, I used my food processor)
- 3/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Tortilla chips - break them up
- Shredded Fiesta Blend cheese
*if you can't find the Rotel with chiles, lime and cilantro, use 2 cans diced tomatoes with chiles, 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice and 2-1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro.
Mix all the ingrediants together in a big pot, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 30-45 minutes. (except for tortilla chips and cheese)
When ready to serve, put in bowls and top with tortilla chips and shredded cheese.