WE HAVE MOVED

WE HAVE MOVED
CLICK PICTURE TO GO TO NEW SITE

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Follow Guilty Pleasures ~ You'll Never Miss Out on the Fun! ~

Friday, September 30, 2011

D's QUICK and EASY Tortilla Soup

I LOVE tortilla soup, but for some reason always thought it would be hard to make.  My friend "M" shared a recipe with me, as usual, I was pressed time so I made some changes that worked out wonderful!  This recipe made enough for me and College Brat to eat dinner and have left overs for lunch, would probably be ok for a family of 4, but if you like left overs I would double the recipe. 
D's EASY, LAZY, QUICK Tortilla Soup:
  • 1 big can of chicken - strained and shredded (can find where the tuna is)
  • 1 can of whole kernal yellow corn (drained)
  • 1 can of black beans (drained)
  • 2 cans rotel tomatoes with chiles, lime and cilantro *
  • 3 cans chicken broth
  •  1 onion (chopped, I used my food processor)
  • 3/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground Cumin
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • Tortilla chips - break them up 
  • Shredded Fiesta Blend cheese
*if you can't find the Rotel with chiles, lime and cilantro, use 2 cans diced tomatoes with chiles, 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice  and 2-1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro.

Mix all the ingrediants together in a big pot, bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and let simmer for 30-45 minutes. (except for tortilla chips and cheese) 

When ready to serve, put in bowls and top with tortilla chips and shredded cheese. 

Naughty Cougar Tales has now moved to Guilty Pleasures click here to follow us there

Image and video hosting by TinyPic