WE HAVE MOVED

WE HAVE MOVED
CLICK PICTURE TO GO TO NEW SITE

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Follow Guilty Pleasures ~ You'll Never Miss Out on the Fun! ~

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Review Blood and Bone by Dawn Brown

Book Description: Romantic Suspense, not erotic but the chemistry is strong and when the lovin' comes it is super hot!!!


The following was my facebook status the night I read Blood and Bone:
"Holy Crap! I'm reading a REALLY good suspense romance...first time author for me and I'm freakin creeped out by some of the characters because she's described them so clearly...the whole time I'm reading it I have creepy music running through my head. I'm about half way through and can't figure out which crazy did it. No its not one of my super smut reads either ;-)"  


Visit Dawn Brown

Purchase at Samhain
Book Summary:
The deeper they dig into the past, the closer they come to a killer.

Crime writer Shayne Reynolds is looking for the next book that’ll get her out of her parents’ basement and on track to rebuilding her life. She’s found it in Robert Anderson, a confessed murderer who’s out on parole. Something’s never added up about that case.

From the moment she sets foot in Dark Water, nothing goes as planned. Anderson’s family wants her to drop the story—especially surviving son Des. A man who ignites sizzling heat even as he stands firmly in her way.

Laboring under his father’s crushing legacy and his grandmother’s iron resolve to get rid of the nosy writer at any cost, Des struggles to save the self-destructive sister who once saved him. There’s something honest and forthright about Shayne, though, that tempts him to help her get to the truth. Even if it means double-crossing his powerful grandmother.

Despite their resolve to keep it strictly business, sexual sparks quickly set fire to tangled emotions. And threads of a fragile bond that someone with a vendetta could use to weave their death shroud…

Warning: This story contains a feisty writer, a sexy younger man and a mystery with enough twists and turns to cause vertigo.



Naughty D's Review:  
As I stated above, this book was a page turner, Ms. Brown totally drew me into Shayne and Des' messed up world.  There are so many twists and turns in this book that I can't really review content without spoiling and I don't want to spoil a single bit of it.
  
What I can say is most romantic suspense I've read have to deal with some type of military/secret service type plot, Blood and Bone does not, it is set in a small town full of dirty secrets and shady characters. Des and Shayne are not some gun toting ex military or law enforcement type, they are two people caught up in a dangerous game of deception and murder, all centered around Des' family.   I totally fell in love with the vulnerable but tough Shayne and the can't seem to get anything right, underdog Des. Don't get me wrong, Des is not a wimp, just one of those people who is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.  

I love to watch a scary/suspense movie that has me sleeping with a night light and scared to go outside after it's over.  What scares me is NOT slasher scenes with a mask wearing, chainsaw wielding freak, it is the mental fear that gets me, when people are playing with the victim's minds. When "normal" people are behind the murder and mayhem.  When I can't figure out who the heck is the bad guy. Blood and Bone is this kind of book, every time I thought I figured out who it was, a new twist came up. The descriptions written so well I could clearly see the areas of the town Ms. Brown described, I could even hear crickets chirping along with the creepy music running through my head.  

There wasn't one moment where I was bored with this book, I honestly could not put Blood and Bone down until I finished it.  It is definitely a chilling romantic suspense with just enough emotional ups & downs, sex, humor and twists and turns to keep the reader totally enthralled.  I could totally see this as a made for TV movie on Lifetime. 

I will be adding Dawn Brown to my auto buy list. 


 D' gives Blood and Bone:
Overall 
Naughtiness


TROUBLE LEAVING A COMMENT? It has been reported that some followers cannot leave a comment. Here is what we have found out in the past: Are you on internet explorer? people on IE have that problem, some click several times and it finally works or they leave as anonymous, but put their name in the post. We can't figure out why IE users have problems, google chrome or firefox users don't have any trouble

Naughty Cougar Tales has now moved to Guilty Pleasures click here to follow us there

Image and video hosting by TinyPic